RE: Safe to regrind factory cam?

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Safe to regrind factory cam?
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@nexant.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:14:14 -0600
> > A TR6 camshaft for $300 sounds really cheap to me, and I
> > suspect it is that cheap because it may have been made
> > offshore.  Caveat Emptor!
> >
> > [name removed to protect the ignorant]
>
> You know, sometimes it is best advised to just not speculate on a subject
> with which you are not familiar.

Sorry, my comments about stuff made offshore were not directed at any
particular manufacturer, and I must admit that I am ignorant regarding
Integral Cams, having no direct experience of their products.  My note was
directed to the statement that new cams were made with better technology and
better materials, and I was trying to point out that this was not
necessarily true.  Didn't mean to offend anyone.  I will shut up now...

Michael Marr (the ignorant one referred to in Kai's note)
Naperville, IL
1960 TR3A