Re: Safe to regrind factory cam?

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Safe to regrind factory cam?
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:12:13 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have no problem being corrected when a mistake is made, I'm just not
comfortable with the pleasure it brings some people to point it out &
the way it's addressed on what is supposed to be an open forum to share
information and learn.
I posted the Integral link where interested owners could visit & see the
products & prices for themselves. I would love to research every product
& price before I post a response but by the time I was done the topic
wouldn't be current. I didn't know there was a penalty for being wrong.
I also never refereed to "original" equipment parts or their quality.
Besides, it's not how old the part is , it's how many hours of run time,
the maintenance record & the abuse it has endured that qualifies how
well it was made.
Sure they were capable of making quality camshafts in the 50's, but if
your going to tell me that they compare to a current day mass produced
performance cam in accuracy, consistency of quality &  workmanship I
must still disagree. I certainly hope machining & metallurgy have
advanced somewhat in the last 30 years. I'm sure you would agree the
japanese have improved the ability to work with stamped steel from their
1960 rust buckets.
All I was trying to point out was other options to owners & the past
experiences & failures with other products. Certainly never intending to
offend anyone, especially people who have only helped with encouragement
and information on what is otherwise a invaluable source of knowledge &
friendship.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.