RE: Pros/Cons of organizing an LBC Club

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, "Don Malling"
Subject: RE: Pros/Cons of organizing an LBC Club
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:59:13 -0800
Two years ago four of us locals started a Brit car club... NOBBC, North Bay
British Carclub. We have maybe one restaurant type meeting a year, no dues.
What we DO is TOUR every other week on the 2nd Saturday and 4th Sunday of every
month. Pick a spot of local interest...winery, lake, village, park
restaurant...whatever. Routes include mountain roads, costal highways and
byways, wine country, cow country, treks to San Francisco, Calistoga, Marin
Country, Mendocino County...you get the picture. We either pack a picnic lunch
or buy at deli or restaurant. We've had up to 25 cars on our rides of every
Brit pedigree. Our ranks are growing steadily as word gets out that we are
strictly in it for the joy of touring the gorgeous bit of CA we live in. And
that there are no dues or obligations except to tour when one can. One of the
founders often opines, tongue in cheek, that he wishes that we lived somewhere
with some scenery. Tours average between 100 to 200 miles round trip. If you
want to get an idea of our membership and tours check out www.nobbc.com. Word
of mouth from one LBC owner to another and the recommendations of our local
Brit car repair shops is the way our ranks have grown.  Our philosophy that our
Brit iron was meant to be driven and therein lies the pleasure. We really do
have a blast!

Deano