RE: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:44:53 -0800
> I have often thought that folks who don't wear seat belts in cars had a lack
> of understanding of basic physics coupled with a certain lack of
> imagination.

No, I don't think so.  I understand basic physics quite well, perhaps better
than you do, and my imagination is fine.

However, have you ever seen a stock LBC that's been in that sort of crash ?
Being thrown clear is probably your only chance of survival, albeit a very slim
one.

But, please note that Derek Kieper was NOT saying you shouldn't wear a seat
belt, his point was that the government should not try to FORCE you to wear one
!

No doubt, someone will someday be making jokes about me too, killed in my LBC
while having fun.  Compared to the alternative of dying in a nursing home lying
in my own feces and unable to do anything about it ... it's a risk I choose to
take.  If it kills me, I blame no one, except perhaps all the people who would
outlaw fun, "because someone might get hurt".  Or maybe the guy who was busy
drinking his Coke and not even looking at my brake lights.

Oh yeah, one other thing ... if I was a religious seat belt wearer, I'd already
be in either a coffin or a wheelchair.  It's NOT always better to be in a seat
belt !!

Randall