RE: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:47:51 -0800
Sorry, but I have to get up on my soapbox for this one.

The seat belt law exists because the EVIDENCE shows you're safer staying in
your car than being thrown from it. This evidence is not refutable. Do you
think the car companies were happy to be mandated and put seat belts in cars
back in the 60's? No. Not until they found out that seat belts could save lives
and thus be a selling feature.

Thinking that being thrown from a car is safer than staying in it is
contidictory to all emperihical and scientific evidence. Check out the NSC's
web site if you doubt any of this:

http://www.nsc.org/issues/drivsafe.htm

If that's not good enough, here's a monitary reason. If you've had an accident
recently the first question the insurance company will ask is: were you wearing
your seat belt?  If the police are called what is their first question: were
you wearing a seat belt? Answer NO and see what happens. I'd hate to be thrown
from a car, pay my own medical bills and get a ticket!

Don't be stupid, wear a seatbelt, and please don't tell anyone else not to wear
one.

I'm off my soapbox now. I feel better now.

John