RE: removing TR3 windshield stanchion

To: "richard triplett" <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: removing TR3 windshield stanchion
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:49:30 -0500
Richard:

I had to drill out the screws on a couple of mine.  Find the center of the
screw head and using a punch of some sort tap a center mark that it deep
enough that the drill bit will stay true.  Starting with a small bit, drill
down in through the center of the screw.  Continue this by increasing the
drill bit size until you have drilled out the screw.  You may need to retap
the threads a bit just to be sure you have all off the old screw out.
Worked fine for me.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6