Re: wide/narrow belt

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: wide/narrow belt
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:37:05 -0800
Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:
> Would it not be simpler, just to carry a spare belt??

I believe it would "ruin all the fun".

Evidently men in general derive a great deal of pleasure inventing
ingenious ways to cobble a functional field fix without using correct
replacement parts.  This seems especially true of series Land Rover owners.

My initial reply to you is what I usually get back when I make the same
kind of suggestion on the Land Rover list.

You and I can carry spare belts but some seem just to prefer to carry a
length of rope and rely upon ingenuity.  I'm surprised no one mentioned
making a belt out of twisted duct tape.  Duct tape seems to be a
favorite of the LR crowd.

TeriAnn