Re: wide/narrow belt

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: wide/narrow belt
From: "January Williams" <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:49:42 -0800
>  > Would it not be simpler, just to carry a spare belt??
> No, because of the difficulty of installing a fan belt on some TR's
> because of the interference between the fan hub extension and the body
> cross piece.

What I've done was recommended on a previous version of this same thread
a couple of years ago, I installed 2 !
One of course on the pulleys for operation, and the spare, over the hub
extension, but zip-tied onto the frame cross member out of harm's way.
Now if I have a failure, I can clip the zipties and rig the spare on the
pulleys.
And yes, I got 'em on by loosening the right (near side) motor mount and
jacking the engine (sump protected by a bit of 2 by 6) up enough to
clear the belts.

cheers
January
66 TR4A CTC 74217 LO