Re: wide/narrow belt

To: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: wide/narrow belt
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:15:32 -0800
>  > Would it not be simpler, just to carry a spare belt??
> No, because of the difficulty of installing a fan belt on some TR's
> because of the interference between the fan hub extension and the body
> cross piece.

Is that a later TR thing?  I never had that problem with my TR3A.  It
was a tad tight but would squeeze past.

> And if your generator bearing
> is hosed,

You should have replaced the bearing earlier.

>  and easier to explain than pantyhose in the glovebox.

Humm never had an issue with that.  But I have never thought of keeping
a backup pair there either.

> Although pantyhose can be used
> as an filter to sift out crud in the cooling system, so be sure to carry
> a pair too.

Doesn't anyone do preventative regular maintenance?  And don't forget
pantyhose can be used to tie down a bonnet that doesn't latch.  I had to
sacrifice a good pair I was wearing once for that task.

TeriAnn