Re: RE: wide/narrow belt

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: RE: wide/narrow belt
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:32:34 -0000
Been off list for a coupla days, so eventually caught up with this thread.
>From what I've seen, no-one has come up with the 'dirty old man's' choice.
Had to employ it twice in the late swingin' sixties with two mini-skirted
girlfriends who insisted on the shelter of a hedge to provide me with what I
A pair of knotted tights (aka pantie-hose) works a treat - and the knot
doesn't ride off any off the pulleys either!
Mind you, it's better not to have all your electrics going as the load on
the alternator pulley can accelerate wear. Don't ask me how I know!

Jonmac