sandblasting equipment

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: sandblasting equipment
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:05:28 -0500
Hello, everyone.

In addition to the TR3A restoration project, I have a '59 Case 30 HP tractor,
firewood trailer, snow removal equipment, and other 'outside' equipment that
are in advanced need of sandblasting and re-painting, so am finally making a
business decision to buy a sandblasting tool.  Actually, I need all of it,
including the compressor.  I'll be doing large projects (like the 4x8
trailer), and small ones, like TR steel wheels.

I have researched archives, and am still confused.  I think the following is
suggested as advisable:

Pressure blasting is preferred over siphon.  Two stage compressor, minimum 6
to 7 horsepower, somewhere between 60 and 90 gallons?  To this, I add
sandblasting paraphenalia, including a gun, special nozzles, sand bucket,
anything else?

I wrote in my notes from the list, but can't find in archives anywhere,
recommendations for an Eagle brand blaster that (I can't read my notes) gives
10.5 cfm @ 90PSI?  Sound anywhere close to right?

Does anyone give me a better understanding of the specifications I need, that
are better than those I cobbled together from archives?  And maybe a hint
where to start shopping?

Thanks yet again, everyone.

Terry Smith  TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire