Re: sandblasting equipment

To: Terry Smith <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: sandblasting equipment
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 06:55:22 -0800
> Pressure blasting is preferred over siphon.

Definitely.  I has a siphon and always wished I could say it sucked big
time but I spent a lot of time jiggling the supply to try to get sand to
flow better into the inlet.

> anything else?

YES, breathing gear.  Silica in you lungs is a good way to insure you
will not enjoy the labours of your work.  The very best solution is to
spend the money to get full hood breathing gear if you are going to be
doing a lot of blasting.  Never rely on the cheapo mask filters.  This
is your lungs at stake.  This is one place you should follow OSHA
recommendations for professional sand blasting folks.

TeriAnn
www.tjwakeman.net