Re: Transmission oil

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission oil
From: Ted <triumphcars@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:03:49 -0500
Speaking of antifreeze.  Quick question for these sleeved engines and cooling...

My local mechanic recommends running pure antifreeze in any and all
cars.  Not only does he believes running 50/50 is a gimmick that leads
to a need to more quickly change coolant, but he believes it causes so
harm to the engine.

As we near winter thaw, is it best to put pure antifreeze in these
engines, or just water??

Thanks for your chemical and mechanical expertise!

Ted

66 TR4A