Re: Carrying Passengers in TR

To: TRsick@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carrying Passengers in TR
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:53:25 -0600
>I'm not sure about other states, but in Mass, the car registration states

>how many passengers the car is allowed to carry. In the case of the TR it
would
>state (2) passengers, So regardless of adding seat restrain equipment, you

>still could only legally carry 2  passengers.
>    I'm sure done right most police would not write the  ticket, but get
one
>on a bad day & who knows?

Nothing new here.  Circa 1940, my now-late father was in Anoka Minnesota
with several of his closest friends in his 1932 Auburn Cabriolet when he
was stopped by a local officer.  The cop said, "This is a 5-passenger car;
3 in the seat, 2 in the rumble seat.  I count 7 of you.  2 of you, get
out."

Anoka is a long walk from Saint Paul's west end.  Two of them got out and
started walking, and Dad drove away.  When he was reaonably sure the
officer was elsewhere, Dad circled back, picked up the two extras and beat
feet for the city limits.

Phil Ethier