Re: TR6 - groove worn into discs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 - groove worn into discs
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:38:34 EST
Hi,

I suggest you put the car up on a rack, with weight on the suspension, and
carefully observe the brakes at full right and left steering lock. The backing
plate and ends of the control arms often run quite close to the discs and I've
seen rub on all these parts, if slightly bent or mis-aligned. Rub will usually
only occur when the steering is all the way at one extreme or the other.

I agree with the other response, some grooving in a disc generally doesn't
have a great deal of effect on braking ability.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm