RE: TR6 - groove worn into discs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 - groove worn into discs
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:43:26 -0800
> I agree that the grooves worn into the discs are
> not the cause of poor brake performance.  Having previously renewed the
> pads, flexible brake lines and checked the servo function - could the
> calipers be the culprits?

Certainly a possibility, although not a likely one, IMO.  I'm not sure what to
suggest, poor braking seems to be a common complaint from TR6 owners.  Compared
to a TR3, the TR6 has smaller brakes on taller tires and a heavier car ... all
of which the booster should make up for as long as you're not racing.

I know some people have had trouble due to insufficient clearance between the
booster and MC ... I wonder what happens if that clearance is too large ?

Randall