RE: Compressor water separator

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Compressor water separator
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:00:32 -0800
> Go to your auto wrecker and pick up a cooler from a
> Chrysler mini van they had a large separate cooler from the factory.

Must be only certain engines/models/years, mine had the cooler in the
radiator as usual.

> Automatic transmissions run at far higher pressures than your air
> compressor

Must again depend on transmission model, I'm pretty sure mine ran at less
than 100 psi in the cooler lines.  Did a quick Google, and found several
aftermarket coolers that are only tested to 150 psi.
http://www.etrailer.com/y-49.aspx

Not saying an AT cooler wouldn't work, but IMO an AC condensor would be a
better choice, if you've got room to mount it.  Remember the outlet needs to
be at or below room temperature or you're still going to have some
condensation in the lines.

Randall