RE: Gear Reduction Starter

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gear Reduction Starter
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:50:47 -0800
> My 59 T/R 3 was a straight swap, no changes except the wiring,
> also got it
> from TRF on sale for $159.00.  "FT"

And if you don't feel like waiting for a sale, TSi has them all the time for
$200.
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/starter0.html

It's my understanding that the starter itself is nearly stock, but the
mounting plate and drive gear are custom items, not available separately.

Also note that there are two different starters for TR2-4, be sure to get
the one that matches your flywheel.  A TR4 should take the later starter (10
teeth on the pinion as I recall), but who knows what some DPO has done.

I'm my own DPO, so TS39781LO has the later type starter on it ... Dr.
Frankenstein would be proud !

Randall