Re: AR to re-introduce Silverstone wheel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AR to re-introduce Silverstone wheel
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:07:55 EST
In a message dated 3/17/05 9:33:37 PM GMT Standard Time,  dogzbody1@yahoo.com
writes:

On  noticing the healthy sum recently offered for a set
of Silverstone wheels  on e-bay I e-mailed AR
suggesting there's money to made in making wheels  for
TRs.  They were ahead of the game and told me they
will be  re-introducing the Silverstone in 45-60 days.
Pics are already up on their  website
(Americanracing.com - see Vintage, page 2).  I'm told
the  wheels were re-engineered for todays braking
materials (I read that as  strengthened centers).

Am I missing something here? I have had a look at ARE's  website and whilst I
see a "Minilite"  or "Panasport" looking thing I  certainly do not see what
looks like a proper "Silverstone" eagles beak 8-spoke  design.
Maybe someone will be able to point me in the right direction  because if
this is what ARE intend to sell as the Silverstone modern day copy I  for one
am
very disappointed. Come on ARE give us what you did in the sixties  only now
and correct !!
Alan Graham
Scotland
X755 in rebuild but  progressing.