Re: Daytime Running lights...was Induced Visibility

To: ZinkZ10C@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Daytime Running lights...was Induced Visibility
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:15:00 -0500
In a message dated 3/18/2005 12:58:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ZinkZ10C@aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 3/17/05 2:06:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>dougm1000@hotmail.com writes:
>
><< In my experience, there is no question that every vehicle that drives with
> its headlights on, (by switch so taillights are also on), is clearly more
> visible to other drivers, regardless if it is daytime, nighttime, twilight
> or dawn, in the city, on the highway or crossing frozen muskeg.
>  >>

>Yes more visible, but at the expense of blurring out the turn signals.  Cars
>that use  turnsignals as running lights don't have this problem.

======
And you, Harold, have now touched on my latest pet peeve. SO many of the new
cars have these (I assume horribly expensive) light units on the front that
combine at least headlamps, "side" lamps AND indicator lamps. In a variety of
lighting conditions, it can be extremely difficult to discern the flashing
indicator lamps when a headlamp or DRL is on.

I'm sure it's cheaper to assemble these cars by slapping on one big old light
unit as the shell comes down the line, but... :-(

--Andy Mace