Re: Daytime Running lights...was Induced Visibility

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Daytime Running lights...was Induced Visibility
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:24:01 -0700
Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:

> It  seems to me that in the early 1950s,  there  was a accessory
> "running light" that  mounted on the grill...

I recall them being popular in the early 60s when (for a brief spell)
the nation seemed to be safety conscious.  The ones I recall were just a
single white light in the center of the grille -- rather like the front
parking light on a TR3.  My old dad just got something generic from
KMart but there were probably purpose made units marketed just for this.

Geo Hahn