Re: Daytime Running lights...was Induced Visibility

To: dougm1000@hotmail.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net, jfenwick1@cogeco.ca
Subject: Re: Daytime Running lights...was Induced Visibility
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:58:30 EST
In a message dated 3/17/2005 12:06:42 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dougm1000@hotmail.com writes:

Do what  you want, but I always drive with my headlights and taillights on in
every  vehicle.  In the cab of a truck, from eight feet off the highway,  I
will see you earlier if you drive with your headlights on - and that is  a
good thing.

Doug

Doug,

I agree with you, but, many years ago, when I was driving a truck, during
daylight hours we turned on our headlights when a passing truck had cleared our

cab with the rear of his trailer so he would know it was safe to move back
into  our lane.  At night, we turned them off momentarily.

Our company started a "headlights on for safety" and there were more than a
few near misses when passing truckers thought they were being signaled it was
clear to move over.

I guess times have changed in the trucking world, what with automatic
transmissions and power steering.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
94 F150
03  Beetle

To model our political system upon speculations of  lasting tranquility, is
to calculate on the weaker springs of the human  character.
---Alexander  Hamilton