Re: clutch fork pins

To: davidt@opentext.com, CarlSereda@aol.com, kinderlehrer@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: clutch fork pins
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:47:41 EST
David,
I forgot for a moment you have a Spitfire not a TR..
There is a good picture of the TR fork 'pins' at Moss site:
www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29130
If your Spit fork looks the same, options previously mentioned still apply in
my opinion. If you rotate pin and then they seem loose - you can re-ping the
rivet-like ends. But mine were still very tight after simple 90 degree
rotation so I took no further action.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<< Personally I don't care what I need to do but from the looks of the
clutch fork the pins are press fit and I suppose I could try and turn
then and it they do come off/loosen then weld them in place?  If I can
replace them and they are cheap then that is possible, but like I said
it looks like an integral unit.

I don't see any listing at spitbits for pins
http://www.spitbits.com/gt6-gearbox-exterior.htm

And the clutch sleeve has a stop on it to prevent it from rotating.  I
suspect that it has the bearing pressed inside it?  The sleeve is costly
:-)

David  >>