Re: clutch fork pins

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch fork pins
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:44:42 -0800
If they are the same as the TR3, I don't think they are really press fit. I
removed the old ines by grinding the back side until it was flush and then
knocking them out with a hammer and a punch. A Dremel worked well for the
finish grinding. I was told to set the back of the new pins with a punch,
but I don't know what kind of punch he was talking about because when I
tried it, it ended up looking pretty sloppy, secure - but sloppy. The other
one I did by placing the ball pean end of a ball pean hammer on top the back
of the pin and whacking the other side of the hammer with another hammer,
that worked pretty well.  Unless you spot welded or something, I could
invision them turning, which is why I would prefer new. I got them from my
local British car parts store, he usually has them in stock.
Bob