RE: Insurance.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Insurance.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:57:49 -0700
> Have you or any of your friends ever had a claim?  Haggerty is  an insurance
> broker and I have always been curious about how the insurance
> company(s) they
> sell for pay off.

I've not used Hagerty myself, but know several people who have filed claims with
them, and they've all been happy with the results.

I use Mercury and have been very happy with them; however they only offer
"stated value", not "agreed value".  When I had a loss, they "pulled comps" and
valued my car at the average sale price of similar cars in the last year.  Since
that was more than my stated value, they paid the full stated value and I got to
keep the wreck.

Randall