Re: A/C hoses

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A/C hoses
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:11:28 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/2005 10:27:28 AM Central Standard Time,
McGaheyRx@aol.com writes:
> The only visual difference would be the old hoses were ribbed and newer
> ones will have a smooth surface.
>  Since the old hoses should not be used for safety reasons, this should not
> be a concours
>  point deduction - should it?
>
>  Jack Mc

Depends on how that attach the old ends to the new hoses.  If they use
compression type fittings they will look obviously not stock.  If they can
source
new ends and crimp them on (like the originals) then they will look pretty much
original.

The stock answer is "If accurate replica's (or NOS) parts are available
points will be deducted if less accurate parts are used." (or words to that
effect.)  Since R12 is more or less obsolete conversion to 134 is not a
deductible
change from the original and that goes for the hoses, too.

But it really is up to the individual chief judges (who may be overruled by
Darrell).  And since I have not nor will I likely ever judge the Stag class,
who knows?

Dave