VTR concours judging

To: <BearTranserv@aol.com>, <dkspence@telus.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR concours judging
From: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:30:53 -0400
 It has the original Dunlop  tires and he  gets points deducted
> because they are age cracked.
That is more of a safety deduct than a original concours deduct and as it
should be, safety first. No National Club including the "Antique Auto Club
of America" will show the score sheet, they will send you a letter advising
areas of deduction, but not the actual score, if you are tryting to restrore
a car to concours condition you should know what is and what is not correct,
after all it's your $$$$$$$ and your responsibility to know right from
wrong. A few years back I did some judging at VTR S/E in Florida, a owner
trailered his brand new 1500 Spirfire (price quoted was $65,000) from the
restoration shop to the show field, it was totally brand new from 30 feet,
raised the hood and there was a Skyblue engine block and blue manifolds as
well as blue valve cover, interior was custom made from a design no one had
ever seen and the owner was expecting "Best of Show", great resto., a total
disaster as to originality, shops fault or the owners fault, only one voice
when it comes to spending my $$$$$. "FT"