Re: VTR concours judging

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VTR concours judging
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:22:18 -0400
I believe that as owners its in our best interest to know the originality of
our cars like the back of our hand, kind of "stewards" if you will. We can
add whatever we choose as accessories or period pieces, its your right as
the owner, but I believe we should be able to understand and know the
originality to the best of our ability. I've learned what finishes, fit,
materials, etc.are (as close to original as possible) over the years through
"inquisitive" studying and questioning of "educated" owners and lots of
viewing of well-preserved examples. Just a passion to get to the truth I
guess

I think if we have spent the time and dollars to invest in restoring one, we
should pretty much know what items and the areas we fall short on are,
otherwise its almost like we didn't do our due diligence.  I like the fact
they don't provide the score sheets to the owners, makes for good healthy
dialog and gets us thinking and conversing more. And as mentioned, do these
judges really know more than you or I....

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red
70 BSA 441 Victor Special