Re: Back-up hood release

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Back-up hood release
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:53:30 -0700
Steinman, Bill wrote:

>...have seen a couple of auxiliary releases on
>the market.  Do people recommend this?

Do you feel lucky?

I have one just because it was sooo easy, especially compared to needing
one and not having it.  Here's a pic (ignore the red arrow):

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/bonnet%20release.JPG

I actually bought the cable sold by Moss but for this installation any
cable with a handle would work (i.e. one from the 'Help' section of your
FLAPS).  On the TR4 there was a hole already in place that the cable
could be fed thru (I think it was plugged with a solid grommet) don't
know if your 250 would have that hole.  The cable is cut short, the
handle just inside the footwell side of that sheet metal.

There are other installations that are much more elegant with levers and
such but this simple one works too.

Geo H