Re: Shipping my car

To: "triumph list list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shipping my car
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:26:23 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Howard" <trjhhow7@cox.net>
To: "triumph list list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: Shipping my car

> Hi all:
>
> I'm about to move lock stock and barrel from Narragansett Bay here in
> little RI to San Francisco Bay in the Golden State.  I'm beginning to
> receive quotes from
> auto transport companies. Quotes range from $995 for open transport
> with uncertain pick-up time to $1750 for an enclosed carrier.
>
> Does anyone have any particular experiences they can share?  Any
> companies to avoid? Any that have been especially
> responsible?  I'm sure I want enclosed transport, but $1700 is a piece
> of change.

 John Howard:

The best of the best has always been Passport Transport.  The same tractor,
trailer and driver that picks up your car is the same who will deliver.  I
have only used Passport once but the driver called the night before the
scheduled pick up date, two hours before and then ten MINUTES before.
Passport has been in the collector car hauling business since the early 70s
and are now owned by FedX.  Find them at www.passporttransport.com

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana