Re: Shipping my car

To: "triumph list list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shipping my car
From: "Just Brits" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:25:07 -0500
Sorry Lou, BUT:

<<The same tractor,
trailer and driver that picks up your car is the same who will deliver.>>

NOT necessarily so UNLESS you pay the humongous $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (which,
IMHO is NUTS!!) for Point-to-point SCHEDULED transport.

ALL the "transporters" that I have dealt with (7, I think) have SECURE spots
strategically located
all over the country which are still under the transporter's insurence
umbrella!!!!

For instance, a Company YOU well know of - Continental (name your brand,
store) here in Hinsdale IS one;  ooops, might be "was" one for Passport.  Do
NOT know how FexEx works but I'll bet they screwed thing up<G><G><G>!!!!

If you give any Co. a FreeTimeLine to get a car from (let's say) Hinsdale to
Enid, OK;

They tell you they will p/u on a given date.  THEN they "narrow" down time.
THEN they give you an approximate Delivery date.
THEN, whilst the car is in route, after a while they will give you an
approximate Delivery DAY;
THEN do the "window" for actual arrival.

I have seen prices as much as $2800 for a MGTD coming to me which ended up
being $925 as the Owner took the above set-up.

Had he "desired" car be del'd in a few days???  Yep, $2800.

YMMV (but I doubt it<G>)!!!

Ed