Re: Shipping my car

To: trjhhow7@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping my car
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:59:50 EDT
Here is a post I sent a while ago.  I still have not gotten a payment for
damage ( now at the 10 year mark )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Before selecting a transporter read this poor souls epic struggle to ship his
40's Chrysler at:

http://www.aaca.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=5896&page=&;
view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

I had a Porsche 914 shipped from CA to PA and used a local carrier. During
the trip it received light damage all over, lost it's roof and some hit/broke
the engine bar causing the powertrain to drag on the ground. ~ $ 1,500 damage
that was not there prior to shipment.   This was ~ 8 years ago and am waiting
for the court mandated payment for damage.

Low buck carriers do not make the trip in one shot, your car may ride on 3
different trucks and be loaded/unloaded many times.   Any insurance they tout
are liable to be useless since it pays ~ 20 CENTS A POUND!!!!!

It is better just to pay the money for a name carrier.  Any carrier that uses
A-1, A Aardvark, or some other spelling to be first on the list is best to be
avoided!

Harold