Re: Welding clutch fork to cross shaft TR6 TR250

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Welding clutch fork to cross shaft TR6 TR250
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:46:06 -0400
Nelson argues that unless the bolt is a press fit, it is too sloppy and does
not share the load of
the fork pin. First the fork pin snaps and then the load is carried by the
bolt. He makes the same
case for the roll pin because it's a spring.

I take it you guys believe it doesn't matter in actual practice? Seems like a
reasonable line of
logic to me. Maybe the bolt is tight enough in actual practice -- it assumes I
drill a nice straight
hole -- free hand. Seems like the reamer would clean up any sloppiness in the
hole I drill.

Don Malling