RE: TR4 running too (?) cool

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 running too (?) cool
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:55:39 -0700
> Seems to me that if your engine temps drop well below your tstat rating
> then either 1) the tstat isn't closing as it should 2) the temp gauge or
> sender is faulty or 3) you're running downwhill.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these people are running the
"aneroid" type thermostats, which do indeed start to open before their
temperature rating (and don't finish opening until well after).

The original thermostat was documented to start opening at 158F and not
finish until 197F.  This was supposed to give a 'normal' temperature of
185F.

Randall