RE: ebay liars?

To: "'Paul Dorsey'" <dorpaul@negia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ebay liars?
From: "Steve TR6" <stevestr6@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:24:36 -0700
In the past, I have a couple of disappointments over the quality of parts
such as something advertised at NOS and to have it arrive in rusty and used
condition. But the worst was for a Nardi steering wheel adapter for my TR6.

Not many folks run with a Nardi on a TR6 because the adapters are very rare
but I had found one on eBay from a guy in England. He made me pay Western
Union because at the time, shortly after 9/11, Paypal did not support
international payments but then he strung me along for a long time over
shipping saying that things were moving slowly due the crisis over 9/11 and
assuring me that the item would indeed arrive. By the time I realized I had
been scammed, the period for giving feedback had lapsed and he would no
longer communicate with me.

I tracked him for a while and he while he had no negative feedback when we
started, he had started to amass it from others, then he made his feedback
private and then changed his ID.

So here is the lesson for me:

  - Avoid International deals where possible
  - Use something safer than Western Union
  - Conclude the deal before the feedback period ends no matter what.

I did end up getting another Nardi adapter on Ebay after a year of
searching.

-Steve
'74 TR6