Lucas Vs. Clear Hooters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas Vs. Clear Hooters
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:35:59 EDT
Hi Listers,
I really like the sound of my TR4's two original 'Clear Hooters' horns, but
they won't be safe in modern traffic.
I'm hoping to get a louder set of high/low Lucas horns.
Can anyone give me the stamped Lucas ID model numbers for TR4-A and/or TR250
and/or TR6 horns?
I know TR4As wired in a horn 'relay switch', TR250s and early TR6s went back
to direct wiring like the TR4, late TR6s used relays again. All MGBs don't use
relays and even my Volvo 122S doesn't use a relay. I'm hoping to get louder
Lucas horns without wiring in a relay.
Any help with the TR4-A/250/6 Lucas horn numbers appreciated.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74