RE: Lucas Vs. Clear Hooters

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas Vs. Clear Hooters
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:21:20 -0700
> CarlSereda@aol.com writes:
> > I know TR4As wired in a horn 'relay switch', TR250s and early TR6s went
> > back
> > to direct wiring like the TR4, late TR6s used relays again.

Dave Massey replied :
> Are you sure?  I don't have my "Dan Masters" in front of me

According to Dan, TR250 and 69 TR6 did not have horn relays.  70-onwards TR6
did.  BTW, I have his schematics as PDF files, 50-60kb each, and permission
to distribute them.  Let me know if you would like a copy.

The factory diagrams show a relay on TR4A, not on TR2-4.

However, IMO a horn relay is a worthwhile modification ... I added one to my
TR3A under the dash, where it can't be easily seen.  Not only did it make my
horns louder and more reliable, it also helped me realize that the
electrical connector near the LH horn was broken internally, leading to an
intermittent connection.

Randall