RE: Battery Charge Time?

To: "'Randall'" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Battery Charge Time?
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:43:34 -0400
> Yep, the switch has three positions: on, off, and auto.  However,
> right now
> it has converted to: on, off, and on.  Any ideas what would cause
> that?

Could be the switch, but my money is on the radiator temp sensor or the
wires to it.

>  It did work properly for a brief period of time.

Is there a relay in the circuit, or do you have the fan current going
through the temp sensor ?  Some are designed to take the current, but not
all are.

Thanks as always Randall.  There is a relay that came with the Painless kit
and it is being used.  The only thing I would add is that I drove the car
briefly the other day and the temp started to climb once I got off the
highway.  The temp gauge was reading almost to the top by the time I got
home - chalk that up to a brand new faulty thermostat.

I took the thermostat and stuck it in a pot of boiling water and it remained
closed.  That's what I get for being proactive and buying a new one.

Ashford
'70 TR6 that will hopefully be back on the road within a few days.