Re: TR250 Drive Shaft

To: elliottr@rmi.net, justbrits@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Drive Shaft
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:56:39 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/2005 11:21:01 AM Central Standard Time,
elliottr@rmi.net writes:
> In the mean time a mechanic offered some advice that I thought I would
> pass on.  He suggested that I grease the u-joints,  if they took a lot
> of grease they were probably dry.  Then take the car for a short
> drive.  If the sound is gone or changed, it was the u-joints in which
> case I need to change them.  If the noise is unchanged I have greased
> the u-joints which they probably needed anyway,  but then I need to look
> for another cause for the noise.

Certainly worth a try but I've seen Ujoints that were so dry that the dry
side wouldn't take grease.  The little passage was clogged.  So even if you
grease them and the noise remains you may still have bad Ujoints.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org