RE: TR250 Drive Shaft

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR250 Drive Shaft
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 10:18:43 -0700
> If the noise is unchanged I have greased
> the u-joints which they probably needed anyway,  but then I need to look
> for another cause for the noise.

IMO that's not a sure test.  I have seen U-joints that were noisy even full of
grease, and also joints that would not take grease even though one or two of the
cups were not only dry but full of rust.

At least in my book, the fact you could see sideways motion in the joint is
reason enough to pull them apart and inspect ... or just change them.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org