Re: TR250 Drive Shaft

To: ms6453@optonline.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Drive Shaft
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 23:25:09 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/2005 11:44:15 AM Central Standard Time,
ms6453@optonline.net writes:
> Just as a observation on the driveshaft removal. The driveshaft is
> definitely removable from under the car with out affecting the differential
>or trany
> cover. I have done this several times. It is a tight squeeze but is no magic
> act, just a little maneuvering around.

Perhaps it's the combilation of the '73 frame and the single pipe exhaust but
I couldn't even get a wrench on the output flange.  Before I replaced my
frame (it is a 71 TR6 with a 73 frame) I pulled the driveshaft out at the 91
VTR
in KY and replaced the U-joint (back then Charles was there with his parts for
the whole convention).

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org