RE: TR3A gas cap types.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A gas cap types.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:38:25 -0700
> I'm hopeing that it might work with the neck length on the
> reproduction tank
> and be easier to fit if it pushes through the hole from above and into the
> "connector" hose (#22 in the Moss diagram.) Does anyone know if
> the push on
> type slips into the same connector hose as the old style cap with separate
> extention?

I converted one of my cars, the later style cap seemed to be fully
interchangeable with the early one.  Which, IMO, means that if the early one
won't fit, you'll probably still have to cut something to fit the later one.

Are you sure Moss sold you the right tank ?  ISTR the tank changed at TS60k,
but I don't recall offhand what the difference was.  I'm pretty sure the
tank mounts changed at the bottom, though.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org