TR3A gas cap types.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A gas cap types.
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:35:32 -0500
Good Morning List,
I was going to put my original fuel cap on my 59 TS45755 with a reproduction
Moss fuel tank. I find that the fuel tank neck sticks up too high to allow
the fuel cap extension (#15 in the Moss diagram) to fit between it and the
body. This means I have to cut some length off of either the extension or
the tank neck. Since my chrome cap is badly pitted anyway, I wondered if I
should replace it with the later GAS Cap ("push on" with integral extension
#18 in the Moss diagram)for post TS60001-3B.

I'm hopeing that it might work with the neck length on the reproduction tank
and be easier to fit if it pushes through the hole from above and into the
"connector" hose (#22 in the Moss diagram.) Does anyone know if the push on
type slips into the same connector hose as the old style cap with separate
extention? Looks like it would be interchangeable with the old style one,
but want to make sure before ordering.

Thanks for any insights.

Cheers,
Curt

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.
"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.
"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"

===     http://www.vtr.org