Re: 'Invisible' Antenna

To: 6parts@charter.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'Invisible' Antenna
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:59:00 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/2005 9:22:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
6parts@charter.net writes:

If all I  had in the car was the stock radio, which you can't hear anyway;I
probably  wouldn't be bothered either; but the XM radio and the disc changer
are  another story.
It makes all the difference on a  trip.

Al,
You know, it's kind of weird but I almost never rock on in a car.   Even in
my Audi TT with all the super sound equipment as stock, I just like to  listen
to the road.  In a Triumph the only reason for any radio at all is  the chance
that the Browns may be playing a game on my way back from a trip or
something.  Then I will crank the antenna up as high as it will go and  search
the
entire band to get the game.  The note of the original Harmo  muffler in my Six
is all I need.  The Wedges have good original radios that  you can actually
hear but I never turn them on, just like to hear the car going  thru the gears.

Each car has it's own personality and sounds.  Being  an old 60's Rocker and
drum player I usually have a song stuck in my ear anyway.  "Sunshine came
softly on my window today."
Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org