Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions

To: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:39:11 -0400
Chip,

  I would suggest that the answer to your question lies in what your
goal is. If your goal is to empty out the barn and make the most money
off of the sale of parts taking as long as necessary to do this than
using ebay or publishing an inventory and asking price would be the way
to go as you stated in option 3.

  If you just wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible while making
whatever you could get then I would choose option 1. Although in my
opinion unless you had a very active TR community I would be surprised
if you could bring together a large enough gathering of interested
parties to get rid of your inventory at decent prices.

  A few listers recently have posted a simple but accurately described
inventory of available parts and prices on this list and within a
matter of days they have dwindled their supply of parts substantially.
If your interest is in getting the parts into the hands of enthusiasts
at a decent but maybe not top dollar price then that approach might
work.

  I dont recall who offered some parts for sale recently but they set up
a web site that had pics and prices and policies clearly listed. It
sounds as though you have some large items that you might not want to
ship so maybe a combination of the different ideas you have suggested
might work.

  Just my two cents. I am sure others will have other suggestions as
well.

 Aaron

 Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)