RE: Parts Barn Sale Questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts Barn Sale Questions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:23:19 -0700
> 2) Should we chunk the parts into major categories
><
> 3) Should we separate and condense all of the parts

Just curious, Chip, why is selling at least the larger stuff individually on
eBay not an option ?

IMO eBay is the quickest, easiest way of getting the stuff into enthusiast's
hands at a fair price.  Granted you'll need to box it up & ship it, but IMO the
added price will pay for the effort.  A local auction is more likely to only
attract people who just want to resell it (and bid appropriately).

I'll also observe that when buying large lots on eBay, I frequently am willing
to pay less for the lot than for the one part I want out of the lot.  And I
still frequently win.

Plus there's enough commonality between Triumph models that many things don't
sort easily into "models".

All IMO, YMMV, etc.
Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org