Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions

To: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:19:38 -0600
Chip19474@aol.com wrote:

>1) Should we hire an auctioner and sell all of the contents at a 2 or 3 day
>on-site auction?

Probably not, since Andy Mace isn't in Pennsylvania, is he? :)

If you don't have the time for eBay auctions yourself, there are
companies that will handle eBay sales for you. I think they take a
percentage like an onsite auction would, but you'll reach a much wider
enthusiast market. Or you could hire a couple smart college or high
school kids to run the auctions for you and pay them hourly or with a
percentage. I'm planning on setting up a parts sweatshop staffed by my
kids when I clear out my TR4 parts. ;)

Brian Sanborn cleared out his parts quickly too, just by putting
together a list with (low) prices and routing it to the list. If you're
looking for speed over maximized return, that's the way to do it. Best luck.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org