Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions

To: <Chip19474@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:42:25 -0700
Philip E. Barnes wrote:
> At 9:45 AM -0400 10/13/05, Chip19474@aol.com wrote:
>
>> We've finally realized that in our lifetime (and probably for the next
>> 2 generations as well), we will never use 90% of the inventory of
>> parts we have in the barn.  So, it's time to think about finding new
>> homes for this "stuff"
>
> To do so is to deny the acquisitive nature of Man. I suggest you hang on
> to the lot and keep it out of the hands of hoarders.

And remain the very thing that you deny others until your death when
someone else has to deal with it in your absence.

Trying not to get too existential, every item you own in turn owns a bit
of you. You must make at least some minimal effort to care for its
security, location and often, maintenance.  The more things you own the
less freedom you have to act extemporaneously.  The question becomes is
it good to become acquisitive beyond what makes for a comfortable
everyday life? And at what point do acquisitions start to become a
hindrance to living life?

Some of the happier people I have met are those who get rid of
everything but what is needed for day to day comfort and became full
time RVer's.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org