TR3 sidecurtain boot storage

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 sidecurtain boot storage
From: "shrack04@netzero.net" <shrack04@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:24:25 GMT
How do the other TR3 guys haul their sidecurtains when not on the doors?  I
built a thin bulkhead behind the gas tank to finish off the boot area that
presses up against the small angle attached to the boot floor. If I put the
sidecurtains in the boot, the metal braces rest against the back of the car and
the curtains lay at an angle against my panel and they take up all of the boot.
 I don't want the metal braces to rub the body or dent it from inside.  Should
the sidecurtains lay flat?  We put our luggage (1 bag) on the shelf behind the
front seats.  (post TS60,000)If we put the sidecurtains behind the seats, I
can't slide them all the way back and I drive scrunched.  It works ok for my
wife as she drives close anyway.  Am I missing something here?  Kent Shrack
TS78563 "o"

===     http://www.vtr.org