RE: tr3 leaf springs

To: "Randy Homanchuk" <rhomer@porchlight.ca>,
Subject: RE: tr3 leaf springs
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:30:41 -0400
Randy:

I dismantled mine at home with little problem.  I used a crow bar and pried
up the straps to the point that the leafs would clear to be separated.  Wire
brushed them with the drill and primed and painted.  Be sure to use grease
between the leafs when reassembling and don't forget that the passenger side
has an extra leaf.  I used a bench vice to reclamp the straps.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3